MJ Flanagan

Flanagan’s story

Flanagan’s has been supplying quality seafood to hotels, restaurants and the general public in Waterford and beyond for over a hundred years.

Founded by Martin J Flanagan in 1908, the company traded for many years from its well-known city centre premises on Broad Street. His son Jack subsequently took over, selling the catches of local fishermen to the people of Waterford and exporting large volumes of salmon to the UK.

In the late 1950's, John Whittle, a cousin of Jack, took over and was eventually succeeded by his sons John and Brendan, who now manage the operation from its new base in the IDA Industrial Estate (Northern Extension) on the outskirts of Waterford city.

Their Reputation

Their reputation for excellence has stood the test of time. The name “Flanagan’s” has become synonymous with quality seafood, including fresh, frozen and smoked fish. They’re particularly renowned for our delicious smoked salmon, which we sell from our shop, deliver locally and export to Europe.

Their customers often remark on the great service and personal attention they receive from their experienced staff, many of whom have been us for over 30 years. It is this tradition of craftsmanship and pride, handed down through generations, that makes Flanagan’s so special and sets them apart.

Address and contact numbers

 

Flanagan's Fresh Fish Merchants,

Fresh & Smoked Salmon a Speciality,

Unit 603 Northern Extension,

Industrial Park,

Waterford,

Ireland.

 

Telephone:
+353 (0)51 874926

Fax:
+353 (0)51 874927

Email us: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it